Welcome to the home page of the Temple Independent School District Special Education Department and the Regional Day School Program for the Deaf (RDSPD) in Temple, Texas. TISD and the Regional Day Program are committed to providing appropriate individualized specialized services for children with disabilities who live in Temple. The RDSPD serves children in Temple and Belton ISD, Bell County COOP (Academy, Holland, Rogers, Salado and Troy) and the Falls Education Cooperative (Chilton, Marlin, Rosebud-Lott and Westphalia).
The Special Education Department will support the mission of the Temple Independent School District and the goals of the Education Services Department by identifying students with disabilities and providing them an equal opportunity for a free and appropriate education in a way that
- Acts as a support service for general education programs
- Provides individualized education experiences which support the unique aspiration of each student
- Promotes collaboration between home, school and community
- Provides adequate specially trained staff
- Provides alternate instructional methodologies and instructional settings for students with disabilities
- Supports and values cultural diversity
so that students with disabilities in the Temple ISD are adequately prepared for transition into their next environment and are prepared to meet success at their next endeavor.