To download an application for the Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
1. Fill out an application for EACH school attended; matching school name exactly as it appears on the TCLI Directory – be sure to read instructions located above the search box:
a. Having difficulty finding your school after you have read the instructions?
i. Use ASKTedto look up the official name of your school, it could be listed differently.
2. Have the Chief administrative officer sign off on the application (current – Principal, Assistant Principal or Superintendent at the school district)
3. Review your application to make sure you have filled out the school name EXACTLY as it appears on the TCLI directory (your application will be REJECTED by your lender/guarantor if the school name does not match the TCLI directory name)
4. Make a copy of your completed application before placing in the mail
5. Mail completed application to your lender, or to your guaranator for quicker processing.
a. To find out who your gurantor is:
ii. Call your lender
iii. Or call TG at 1.800.845.6267
6. Please note if you attended multiple schools you will need to complete the application for EACH school and have the appropriate athority at each school sign the documents – and mail completed applications together.
Not a teacher? Look at the Public Service Program.
For all loan forgiveness possibilities please go here. To stay up to date with loan forgiveness updates sign up for our email list.