Now is the time to get ready for the start-up of the new school year! Make sure your child is ready by helping the school nurse prepare for any health related matters by doing the following:
- Obtain and provide proof of required immunizations. A list of current required immunizations is available on the Health Services web page and from the Texas Department of State Health
- Contact the school nurse to discuss health care needs specific to your child. Health forms are available on the Health Services web page
- Medication administration while at school
- Health related emergency action plans
- Health condition history
- Provide necessary supplies needed for health care management
- Diabetic equipment and snacks
- Feeding tube formula and supplies
- Emergency rescue medications
- Asthma inhalers
- Provide current Home and Emergency Contact information. Notify the school nurse of any changes throughout the school year. It is important to be able to contact a responsible adult in a time of need or emergency.
Please contact your child’s school nurse if you have any questions or concerns. Together we can ensure that your child’s health care needs are met during school time and school related activities.