- Talk to your children about values and the standards that your children should follow on the use of the Internet just as you do on the use of all media information sources such as television, telephones, movies, and radio.
- Be an active participant in your child's digital life. Have them show you what sites they are navigating to, what apps they use, and what they are working on.
- While your child's Chromebook is filtered at school and at home, no filter is perfect. If a student aggressively tries to get to inappropriate sites, they may find a way.
- If your child has trouble sleeping at night, consider charging all electronic devices, such as your child's phone and Chromebook, in your bedroom.
- The following resources will assist in promoting positive conversation(s) between you and your children regarding digital citizenship: