The Temple ISD Board of Trustees has the authority and responsibility to conduct elections for the district as required and allowed by law. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.1511(b)(12).
UNIFORM ELECTION DATES
Each general or special election of board members shall be on one of the following dates:
- The first Saturday in May.
- The first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
Election Code 41.001(a)
A district trustee election shall be held on the same date as:
- The election for the members of the governing body of a municipality located in the district;
- The general election for state and county officers, which is held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years under Election Code 41.002;
- The election for the members of the governing body of a hospital district, if the school district:
- Is wholly or partly located in a county with a population of less than 40,000 that is adjacent to a county with a population of more than three million; and
- Held its election for board members jointly with the election for the members of the governing body of the hospital district before May 2007; or
- The election for the members of the governing board of a public junior college district in which the school district is wholly or partly located.
Elections held on the same date as provided above shall be held as a joint election under Election Code Chapter 271, and the voters shall be served by common polling places consistent with Election Code 271.003(b). Education Code 11.0581(a)–(c)
A board may enter into an agreement with another political subdivision holding an election on the same day in all or part of the same county to hold the elections jointly. The terms of a joint election agreement must be stated in an order, resolution, or other official action adopted by the board. Election Code 271.002