The Temple ISD Board of Trustees has the authority and responsibility to conduct elections for the district as required and allowed by law. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.1511(b)(12).
UNIFORM ELECTION DATES
- The first Saturday in May.
- The first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
Election Code 41.001(a)
A district trustee election shall be held on the same date as:
- The election for the members of the governing body of a municipality located in the district;
- The general election for state and county officers, which is held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even-numbered years under Election Code 41.002;
- The election for the members of the governing body of a hospital district, if the school district:
- Is wholly or partly located in a county with a population of less than 40,000 that is adjacent to a county with a population of more than three million; and
- Held its election for board members jointly with the election for the members of the governing body of the hospital district before May 2007; or
- The election for the members of the governing board of a public junior college district in which the school district is wholly or partly located.