About TISD Technology
In order to support the technology goals of Temple ISD, we have two departments that provide specialized support -- Information Technology and Digital Learning.
Information Technology includes the development, maintenance, and use of computer software, systems, storage and networks. This department supports issues related to internet, phone, computer hardware, installation of software, etc.
Digital Learning encompasses the application of best instructional practices related to technology integration in the classroom. This department supports issues related to blended learning and how to utilize digital content to maximize a student’s learning experience.
TISD is proud to provide consistent access to technology across the district through standard configurations of desktops, laptops, projectors and printers in classrooms and offices. The Technology Department supports its users through a centralized Help Desk, certified technicians, and district-level instructional technologists. Click HERE to submit a Help Desk ticket.
- TISD facilities are connected on a fiber backbone leased from Grande Communications
- 2 Gbps Internet connection from Grande Communications
- Cisco 6500 routers, ASA firewall
- Cisco Wireless AP's in each classroom and learning area
- All teachers are trained in Google Apps for Education and receive a Chromebook for their use.
- High School Students receive a Chromebook in Grade 9 that they can keep after high school upon successful completion.
- The High School is a 1:1 ratio campus (one device for every student)
- The middle schools and all elementary campuses are a 2:1 ratio (1 device for every 2 students)
- Google Apps for Education accounts for all students and staff. Student Google accounts are filtered and monitored through Gaggle's human monitoring system.
Director of Information Technology