Welcome to TISD Technology, where our motto is “User Friendly!” We provide technical and instructional support for all TISD students and staff.
TISD is proud to provide consistent access to technology across the district through standard configurations of desktops, laptops, projectors and printers in classrooms and offices. The Technology Department supports its users through a centralized Help Desk, certified technicians, and district-level instructional technologists.
TISD uses Active Directory for management and authentication. Desktop security services include Symantec Endpoint (anti-virus) and Edgewave (anti-Spam). The Technology Department uses KACE for image and application deployment and Real VNC for remote user support.
- TISD facilities are connected on a fiber backbone leased from Grande.
- 2 Gbps Internet connection from Grande.
- Cisco 6500 routers, ASA firewall
- Cisco Wireless AP's in each classroom
Google Apps for Education
TISD provides Google Apps for Education accounts for all students and staff. Student Google accounts are filtered and monitored through Gaggle's human monitoring system.
TISD has an IP phone system. All classrooms and offices have a Cisco phone connected to a Unified Communications Manager. Staff members can receive their voice mail on the phone or through email. In addition, TISD uses a Cisco Emergency Responder to provide E911 services.
The district provides several levels of content management, including:
- iBoss (district level web content filtering and student Chromebook at-home filtering)
- Gaggle (student Google Drive and email monitoring.)