NEW TRANSFERS: Requests will be accepted beginning Wednesday, May 1st through Friday, June 21, 2024.
New Transfer applications will be available online through a Google Form link and are taken on a first come basis. If your student is new to the district you will also need to submit their report card, attendance record and discipline report (if no discipline issues please submit letter) from the previous school district for review. Kindergarten students would be the exception to this rule. APPROVAL/DENIAL NOTIFICATIONS WILL BE SENT OUT by mid July.
APPROVAL/DENIAL - Factors considered include, but are not limited to:
- Space available in that particular campus grade level
- Attendance history of student
- Discipline history of student
District employees may apply for transfers for their child but must meet the criteria outlined on this site.
Please click the button below to apply for a new transfer request for 2024-2025 school year:
Transfer application will be available on May 1, 2024 at 8:00 am
TRANSFER RENEWALS for Grades 6-12: Renewal requests will be accepted starting Monday, March 25, 2024 and must be completed by Friday, April 19, 2024. Returning transfer students must submit a transfer renewal application each year which is reviewed by the campus principal and a recommendation is made to the Assistant Superintendent of Student Services based on student's attendance, grades, and discipline history. A link for the renewal application will be sent by email on March 25, 2024. Please verify that your email address is correct in Skyward. APPROVAL/DENIAL NOTIFICATIONS LETTERS WILL BE SENT OUT BY mid June.
**PLEASE BE AWARE that transfer renewals for Elementary transfer students will not be available through the regular transfer renewal process due to the rezoning of elementary campuses for the 24-25 school year. Parents will receive notification of campus placement for their student in May. If after receiving notification of placement you want to request a transfer to another campus then you must complete a new transfer application which will be available on May 1, 2024.
If a transfer request is approved: This transfer is effective for the current school year only. District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that the student will be admitted as a transfer for any subsequent school year. This transfer is approved for the named student only. District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that another student from the same family will be admitted as a transfer.
Things to know when applying:
- The parent or the student will be responsible for transportation to and from the school to which the student is assigned.
- Student must maintain acceptable levels of attendance and compliance with the Student Code of Conduct throughout the entire school year.
- The superintendent or designee may rescind the transfer of a student who fails to maintain an acceptable level of attendance or compliance with the Student Code of Conduct during a semester.
- Parent(s) must also comply with and observe all District policies and reasonable District and campus procedures and requirements.
- The superintendent or designee may rescind the transfer of student whose parent(s) do not comply with and observe all District policies and reasonable District and campus procedures and requirements.
For questions please call:
Temple ISD - Student Services